Central Curriculum set by the EDB
- To provide every learner of a second language with further opportunities for extending their knowledge and experience of the cultures of other people as well as opportunities for personal and intellectual development, further studies, pleasure and work in the English medium; and
- To enable every learner to prepare for changing socio-economic demands resulting from advances in information technology; these demands include the interpretation, use and production of materials for pleasure, study and work in the English medium.
- Language form and communicative functions;
- Language skills and language development strategies;
- Attitude specific to English Language learning;
- Generic skills; and
- Positive values and attitudes.
3. Curriculum Framework
(EDB, Curriculum Guide 2004)